We are honored to be featured in the Yankee Magazine Jan/Feb 2012 issue under the heading There's No Better Time to Find a Romantic Inn. "If you're with a person you love and you're loved in return... there are a number of special places that define 'romantic'."|
"...we offer a short list (6) of inns sure to thaw hands and hearts."
"You say you are searching for a sumptuous room with a fireplace
and a Jacuzzi big enough for two,
plus a gourmet breakfast lavish enough to last all day? Look no further ..."
Recommended Bed & Breakfasts of New England
The critics' choice:
What a nice place to come home to...
Yankee, November, 2002
... the best in this area...
Selected a 1997 Romantic Hideaway
The Discerning Traveler
... creating romantic sparks...
It's a wow... just beautiful...
Recommended Country Inns
... a sumptuous affair...
Fodor's New England
... elegantly restored...
... beautifully appointed...
Country Inns Bed & Breakfast
... impeccable and elegant, comfortable...
New England Snow Country
... a world-class inn in a spectacular setting...
America's Favorite Inns
... a breakfast that'll knock your socks off...
Yankee Magazine's Travel Guide
.. takes the breath away...
Getaways for Gourmets
Let us be your choice too!
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- Recipient of the AAA four diamond award since 2000
- Selected a 1997 Romantic Hideaway by The Discerning Traveler
- Our Ethan Allen Room was named a Waverly Room of the Year ("...for a beautiful use of Waverly in a traditional setting") in the December 1996 issue of Country Inns Bed & Breakfast
- Three times selected an "Editor's pick" - Yankee Magazine Travel Guide - 1997, 2000, 2001
- Jan/Feb 2012 Yankee Magazine as "one of six romantic inns to visit... "
- Boston Sunday Globe, May 2007
- HGTV If Walls Could Talk, April, 2003
- Colonial Homes, November 1997
We have been chosen by the following guidebooks:
- VERMONT: An Explorer's Guide - Christina Tree and Peter Jennison
- Best Places to Stay in New England - Christina Tree and Kimberly Grant
- Getaways for Gourmets in the Northeast - Nancy Webster and Richard Woodworth
- Weekending in New England - Betsy Wittemann and Nancy Webster
- The Fireside Guide to New England Inns and Restaurants - Betsy and Ross Wittemann
- Frommer's Northern New England
- Fodor's New England Guide
- Recommended Country Inns of New England - Elizabeth Squier
- Vermont Inns and Bed & Breakfast Inns - Editors of The New England Press
- The Annual Directory of American and Canadian Bed & Breakfasts - Tracey Menges
- The Discerning Traveler's Guide to New England - David and Linda Glickstein
- The Official Guide to American Historic Inns - Deborah Sakach
- The Complete Guide to Bed & Breakfasts Inns & Guesthouses - Pamela Lanier
- Bed & Breakfast Encyclopedia - Deborah Sakach and Tiffany Crosswy
- Complete Guide to American Bed and Breakfast - Rik Barnes
- Yankee Magazine's New England Bed & Breakfast and Inn Directory - Yankee Publishing
- Frommer's Wonderful Weekends From Boston
- The Unofficial Guide to Bed and Breakfasts in New England - Lea Lane
- Romantic Weekends New England - Patricia & Robert Foulke
- Journey to New England - Patricia Harris & David Lyon
- Vermont - Don Mitchell
- New England Snow Country - Barbara Radcliffe Rogers & Stillman Rogers
- Play Hard / Rest Easy - New England - Malcolm W. Campbell
- Lonely Plant New England
- Karen Brown's New England
We are honored to belong to the following associations: